Sanford Behavioral Health – “We’re in the Resolutions Business”
(For the Video Click the Link Below)
It’s February 2nd; according to statistics, most of us have already succumbed to temptation. Surprisingly, New Year’s resolutions fail 80% of the time. To that end, Susan Shaw and Wood TV 8 have done a series of interviews during January called “New Me in 2023.” Sanford Behavioral Health has been featured twice: first, on “healthy eating” and most recently with Sanford Behavioral Health Founder and President Rae Green on how “change comes in stages.” And why not? As Rae Green says, “At Sanford Behavioral Health, we’re in the business of resolutions.”
We’re in the Resolutions Business
“At Sanford Behavioral Health, we’re in the business of resolutions. People who come through our doors are looking to make life changes. And there’s that fresh calendar every year; you look inward and say, ‘All right, what are some issues that I want to start to tackle?’ But a resolution is a process of change, and it takes 21 days to change a habit and six months to incorporate behavioral changes into our personality.” Rae Green, JD, LPC, CAADC Sanford Behavioral Health Founder, and President.
Your New Year’s Resolutions: Change Comes in Stages (4 minutes)
Rae Green’s Tips on Making and Keeping Resolutions:
- Ask yourself, am I ready to make this commitment? Am I willing to make the behavioral changes it will take? And am I able to maintain those changes?
- Set manageable goals.
- Tell someone about your plans to make a change.
- Join a community of like-minded individuals.
- Find ways to reward yourself!
- There is no failure. Don’t wait for a fresh new year to start again. Just reset yourself.
- Change does not happen in a straight line. It’s a process.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself if you slip up. Slip-ups are part of the process.
For More Information on Resolutions
Dieting? A Healthy Approach to Your New Year’s Resolution
New Year’s Resolutions Don’t Work? Implementing Change with GUSTO
Clever Addicted Brain – Sabotaged when Contemplating Change
Sanford Behavioral Health
Sanford Behavioral Health provides professional and individualized care for substance use, eating disorders, and co-occurring mental health conditions. Our team is available to talk to you right now at 844.776.9651. If you are ready to begin treatment, we offer residential and outpatient programs, with in-person and virtual options available. Serving Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan, and beyond.