Thank yous to West Michigan Magazine for the informed interview with Sanford Behavioral Health Founder, Rae Green. In honor of Body Acceptance Week, a new initiative from the National Eating Disorders Association, Rae gave her perspective on body acceptance as the holiday season approaches. Click the link below for the full article.
“Sanford Comprehensive Treatment for Eating Disorders has shaped the way our entire organization looks at body image, eating, and meals. We know that body dissatisfaction is a risk factor in the origins and development of an eating disorder, but it also plays a role in other mental health conditions.” Rae Green, JD, LPC, CAADC, Sanford Behavioral Health
Written by Sarah Suydam, Managing Editor West Michigan Woman.
Sanford Comprehensive Treatment for Eating Disorders
Sanford Comprehensive Treatment for Eating Disorders (SCTED) is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). CARF is a nationally recognized accreditation organization that surveys treatment programs against 1,500 CARF standards. We are located in Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan. Our programs include:
- Residential, Partial Hospitalization (day programs), and Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Integrative therapy for co-occurring disorders
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- In-person or telehealth programs
- Medical evaluation and monitoring
- Psychiatric support
- Nutrition therapy provided by a registered dietician
- Case management
- Crisis prevention and intervention are available 24/7
- Structured daily check-in with staff
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) services, as needed
- Support groups for individuals and families
- Aftercare planning and referrals
- Supportive housing
- Meal planning and support
- Therapeutic outings in the community
Our experienced professional team utilizes evidence-based techniques and a personalized approach to address each patient’s unique needs. If you or someone close to you is experiencing an eating disorder, please don’t hesitate to contact us for help at 616.202.3326. We’ll work together towards a brighter future.