- Effectively monitor and identify complications in clients who are in need of medically managed detox services. Able to identify and document current withdrawal status, substance use disorder, mental health disorders and any other medical concerns that may arise through benevolent and empathetic nursing care.
- Measure and document vital signs and CIWA/COWS and other standardized assessments for clients as ordered by the provider.
- Implement medical treatment plans and communicate effectiveness and client status to providers. Advocate for clients.
- Complete new client medical pre-screens to assess for appropriateness of admission, nursing intakes and obtain appropriate orders from the providers as needed.
- Administer, monitor and account for client’s medication (send in e-scriptions/refills as needed, complete prior authorizations, monitor drug levels as needed, assess effectiveness).
- Work closely with a collaborative treatment team to provide holistic care to clients.
- Educate clients and staff on safe medication administration and management.
- Effectively manage and monitor acute and chronic disease processes of clients in a residential care setting including first aid and BLS.
- Ability to ambulate stairs and utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) for all documentation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Nurse (LPN) with current licensure in Michigan
- CPR, BLS
- Knowledge of substance use disorders, mental health illnesses and associated treatments.
- Experience in residential, medically managed detox units/programs.
- Communication skills, self-motivation, organizational skills, critical thinking and good decision-making abilities.
Sanford House is a 24-hour residential setting. Flexible schedules and benefits are available.
Please visit the website at https://sanfordbehavioralhealth.com to learn more about us and see our facilities!
Job Type: Part-time/Full-Time depending on availability
For further information, inquiries, or to submit your resume please e-mail Bethany Fisk firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in Touch
For details on our locations call us at 616.202.3326 or fill out the form below