Alcohol Addiction Treatment
Finding the right addiction treatment for alcohol use disorder takes careful consideration. The primary concern is whether the alcohol addiction program offers the services you or your loved one need most. Call Sanford Behavioral Health today at 616.202.3326 to learn more about our evidence-based programs.
When Is It Time for an Alcohol Addiction Rehab Program?
According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), alcohol-related problems are among the most serious health issues our nation currently faces.
It is estimated that more than 14 million adults meet the criteria for alcohol use disorder. That means one in 10 children in the U.S. lives with at least one parent with an alcohol use disorder.
The person who needs an alcohol abuse program is often the last to recognize they have a problem, but sometimes friends and family members can also miss the signs of alcohol addiction.
Consider these questions if you’re trying to determine whether it’s time to enter an alcohol addiction rehab program:
- Do you frequently drink more or longer than you intended?
- Are you in a cycle of either drinking or recovering from drinking?
- Have you tried to quit or reduce your drinking but have been unable to do so?
- Do you feel sick or have strong cravings for alcohol when you stop drinking?
- Is alcohol use creating negative outcomes at work, school, or with your family?
- Has drinking ever prevented you from fulfilling your responsibilities?
- Do you need to drink more than you once did to get the effect you want?
- Do you take risks when you’re drinking, such as driving or having unsafe sex?
If you’ve answered “yes” to two or more of these questions, you may have an alcohol addiction. Receiving treatment at a qualified alcohol addiction treatment center will provide the medical and mental health care you need to change your life.
What Are the Options for Treatment at an Alcohol Abuse Program?
There are several options when it comes to treatment programs. Not every approach is the best one for every person. Working with recovery specialists, including a qualified medical team, will help you decide which alcohol addiction treatment services will meet your unique needs.
Our comprehensive alcohol addiction rehab program provides the following services:
- Medically monitored detox
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Residential treatment
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Partial hospitalization treatment (day programs)
- Supportive living
- Group, family, and individual therapy
- Family education and support
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Ongoing support for patients and their families
- Family education
- Alumni support
Providing evidence-based therapies along with experiential and whole-body wellness in a calm environment gives patients the best chance to meet their sobriety goals.
Does Alcohol Addiction Treatment Really Work?
Addiction recovery is an ongoing process that begins with an alcohol addiction program. Many factors influence whether a person will have long-term success on their journey. Too often, people focus on their concerns about relapse and use it as a way to measure their “failure” in rehab. Addiction is a chronic disease. Managing any chronic disease may include a relapse of symptoms over time.
Medication may keep high blood pressure under control for many years, but lifestyle choices, age, and other considerations can cause blood pressure to rise again. That doesn’t mean the treatment didn’t work. It simply means clinicians must adjust treatment with the new factors in mind. The same is valid for alcohol addiction treatment. Treatment is an opportunity to receive care and learn the skills needed to maintain long-term sobriety.
Sanford Behavioral Health Offers Evidence-Based Alcohol Addiction Programs in Michigan
At Sanford Behavioral Health, we understand how hard it is to take the first step toward recovery. However, our full continuum of care can help. Our medical and mental health experts provide evidence-based outpatient and intensive programs to meet your needs. From detox to aftercare, we are here for you every step of the way. If you know someone who could benefit from an alcohol addiction program, contact Sanford Behavioral Health today at 616.202.3326.