- Assisting Nurse on the unit with client’s medical needs
- Administering client medications as ordered by provider and overseen by the nurse
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens including phlebotomy
- Providing compassionate support, care and supervision to the clients on the unit
- Documenting medical notes, vitals and other pertinent information in the EMR and communicating any abnormalities or medical concerns to the nurses.
- Performing routine bed checks
- Communicating with the pharmacy regarding orders, delivery and prior authorizations for medications.
- Facilitating delivery and storage of specialty pharmacy medications ordered by the provider
- Answering phones on the unit and greeting new clients who arrive after intake
- Taking vitals as ordered by the provider and reporting any abnormal vital signs to the nurse
- Educate clients and staff on safe medication administration and management.
- Ability to utilize an electronic medical record (EMR) for all documentation.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Basic understanding of clinical tasks (vitals, EMR charting, etc)
- Preferred, minimum 2 years of behavioral health and/or substance use disorder experience
- Knowledge of substance use disorders, mental health illnesses and associated treatments.
- Communication skills, self-motivation, organizational skills, critical thinking and good decision-making abilities.
Full and part time available
For further information, inquiries, or to submit your resume please e-mail Katie Vokes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in Touch
For details on our locations call us at 616.202.3326 or fill out the form below